It is very handy to analyse data in google sheet. Google sheet is a free tool and is becoming very useful especially for collaboration between remote teammates.
This tutorial is specifically written for Unity3D publishers/developers who are interested to import ads statistics in google sheet for analysing the net revenue. I have used for my ads and have thought that it can be quite useful for most indie developers, who don’t have big bucks for analytical experts.
To start this tutorial, please make sure you have Unity3d active accounts. Please follow the following steps
- First piece of the puzzle is to get Unity3d API key, please refer to the following screenshots for getting the key.
Unity3D API key appears in the API Keys section of the Developer Dashboard. You need it to generate reports through the Monetization Stats API. Locate it through the API.
- On the Developer Dashboard, select the Operate tab.
- Select API Keys from the left navigation bar.
- Use the desired end points for extracting the data into google sheet.
- Use “IMPORTDATA” formula in google sheet as show in the below pictures. Just copy the below formula.
Next part is the integration between google sheet and your favorite Business Intelligence tool. Business intelligence (BI) is very generic term meant to cover tools and processes necessary for a company to transform raw information into easy and understandable reports, which can measure exceptions, goals and key performance indicators of business processes.
Google sheet can be integrated with the following tools. My favorite one is Google Data Studio.
Google Data Studio
IBM Watson Analytics
Microsoft Power BI
Salesforce Einstein Analytics Platform
SAP Analytics Cloud
If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to order my gigs.